In this article we will show you how to open or close the terrace at short notice and reassign all reservations to another room with a few clicks.
Opening the terrace is dependent on the weather. Accordingly, it is decided at short notice whether the terrace can be opened or must be closed. Accordingly, all reservations must be rebooked at short notice to the restaurant or vice versa to the terrace. This is possible with just a few clicks.
Reassign reservations by room: a step by step guide
Below we will show how you can use the "Automatic Table Assignment" feature to schedule all reservations to one room first and then reschedule them to another room, for example from the terrace to the interior of the restaurant. (Find more information, a set-up guide and tips on automatic table assignment here).
Reassign reservations to a room
In this example, the reservations are not yet assigned to a room or table. First - the example: bad weather - we assign all reservations to the restaurant / indoor area.
1) To do this, go to your seatIn on the corresponding day.
2) The reservations are not yet assigned to a table.
(3) Now click on the wrench icon and select "Automated Assignments Configuration (Day)".
(4) We will now lock the terrace. Click on the white + on the green field to lock tables.
(5) Now enter the numbers of the tables that should be locked and therefore no longer assigned reservations. In the example, these are tables 201 to 209 on the terrace.
(6) Save the settings.
(7) The tables on the terrace are now blocked (= gray shaded).
(8) Now click on the wrench icon again and select "Assign unassigned reservations".
(9) All reservations are now scheduled to the Restaurant / indoor room.
Tip: In transitional periods, you can lock the tables on the terrace by default and automatically assign incoming reservations to tables in the interior. If necessary, the terrace can then be opened and reservations reassigned to the terracce, as in the following example.
Reassign reservations to another room
In case of a weather change, reservations can be reassigned from one room to another. In the example, the weather is better than expected. We open the terrace and reassign all reservations to the terrace.
(10) Now click on the wrench icon and select "Automated Assignments Configuration (Day)".
(11) Under "Table exclusions" you can now unlock the desired tables by clicking on the white x on a red background. Now reservations can be automatically assigned to these tables again. In the example we unlock the tables 201-209 on the terrace.
(12) In order to assign the tables on the terrace first, enter the table numbers 201-209 on the terrace under "Table priorities". If the table priorities are already entered, you can activate or deactivate the prioritization of these tables by clicking on the box at the end of the line.
In the example, in the lines above you can also see the prioritization of tables 101-105 as well as 108 and 109 in the rooms inside. This must not be active so that the reservations are first assigned only to the terrace and not to the interior.
(13) Save the settings.
(14) The tables on the terrace are now unlocked (no gray shading).
(15) Now click on the wrench icon and select "Remove all table assignments" and confirm by clicking on "OK".
(16) Click on the wrench icon again and select "Assign unassigned reservations".
(17) All reservations are now rescreassigned to the terrace.
What if there are not enough seats on the terrace?
In the procedure desribed under point (10) - (17), when reassigning tables, all reservations are first booked to the terrace. If there is not enough available seats, the other reservations will be booked to tables in the interior.
What if there are not enough seats inside in case of unexpected bad weather?
In case of bad weather, you lock the terrace, unlock the interior and reassign the reservations. If your indoor space does not accommodate the same number of guests, not all reservations can be reassigned. The remaining reservations will then have no table assignment.
If you can't offer seats. You can cancel the reservation as follows.
(18) Click on the reservation in your seatIn.
(19) Change the status of the reservation to "Canceled".
(20) Confirm the change by clicking on the green button.
The guests will then receive - if activated - an automatic message that the reservation has been canceled (see the mail template "Cancellation mail" in the settings).