In this article we will show which user roles can be selected in aleno, what rights they have and how users can be quickly created, modified or deleted, if not needed anymore.
Which user roles are available?
In aleno you can choose from 4 hierarchically ordered roles. The highest level is the account owner, followed by administrator, then service and finally viewer.
The higher the level, the more powers a user has.
- The account owner is automatically created with the email address for the aleno sign up.
- The account owner role is assigned only once.
- One account owner can manage multiple restaurant accounts.
- The Account Owner can adjust all settings in aleno, e.g. also transfer the aleno account to a new account owner.
- The account owner can create, modify or delete profiles for all other roles.
- Administrators have full access to the settings in aleno - except for the details and actions regarding Restaurant Ownership.
- An Admin User can manage Service and Viewer users, i.e. create, modify or delete them.
The Service role is recommended for all restaurant employees who work with aleno, e.g. enter reservations and communicate with guests, but should not make any settings to shifts etc.
- Reservations can be created and changed in booqIn/seatIn.
- No rights to change settings in the system such as widget design, capacities, times or email templates.
- Shifts can be locked online via the lock icon on booqIn/seatIn.
Viewers have read-only rights, but cannot make changes to reservations or settings.
How can I create a new user profile?
Basically, a user can only create, adjust or delete profiles at lower levels. So an admin can only create service and viewer profiles, but not another admin profile.
(1) To do this, go to "Users/Roles" in the settings.
(2) Click on "New user".
(3) Now enter the user's personal information, i.e. name and e-mail address.
(4) Select the role of the user.
(5) Click on the boxes to indicate whether the profile is shared by more than one person and whether moving reservations need to be confirmed confirmation.
(6) Now select the features that users of this profile should have access to.
(7) Save the profile by clicking on "Create".
The user will now receive an email to confirm the account and create a password.
What settings are possible within each role?
In each profile you can enable or disable additional features.
Each user/profile can be created as a shared user. Such accounts can be used by several users, so called ad hoc users, at the same time. So logins/logouts are not necessary when switching between users.
When logging in via a shared user profile, an ad hoc user must be selected each time a new entry is made or a reservation is changed.
All entries as well as changes to reservations and by whom they were made are thus traceable in the "Reservation History".
View reservation history
(8) Click on the reservation. It will now appear in yellow (edit mode).
(9) Now click on "Show more" to view more information about the reservation.
(10) Under "Reservation history" you will now find the exact history, i.e. time, duration, when and by whom the reservation was entered or changed.
Create a new ad hoc user
When entering or changing reservations in booqIn or relatIn, click in the "Created by" field. Enter the name of the new Ad Hoc user and click "add" to add the new user. Then save the reservation or changes to the reservation.
Note: All ad hoc users have the same rights. If an admin account is created as a shared user, all users in this account can change the settings in aleno.
Moving reservation alert
Depending on the priority - security vs. speed - confirmation of the postponement can be requested or waived when reservations are postponed to another time or date.
Thus, for each profile it can be decided separately whether postponements of the reservation have to be explicitly confirmed by the user again or not.
Access / Views
For each profile, you can enable or disable access to certain features/views such as calendar, booqIn, seatIn, relatIn, reportIn, etc. For service profiles you can e.g. restrict access to the calendar, booqIn and seatIn, and thus improve the overview while working in the service (see above point 6).
How can I change a profile?
Account owner and admins can change the status of lower level profiles. For example, admins can edit the status and settings service and viewer profiles.
To edit a user profile follow these steps:
(1) Go to settings and select "User/Roles".
(2) Go to the user you want to delete and click on the email-address.
(3) Edit the settings. In this example we change the role of the profile from Service to Viewer by selecting "Viewer" in the pull-down menu in the role settings.
(4) To save the changes click on "SAVE" in the upper right corner.
How can I delete a user?
Account owners and admins can delete users with a lower level profile. For example, admins can delete service and viewer profiles.
To delete a user follow these steps:
(1) Go to settings and select "User/Roles".
(2) Go to the user you want to delete and click on "Actions".
(3) Click on delete. A pop-up opens. Click on "Ok" to delete the user.